giantattack.forummate.com

GiantAttackDundee
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:34 am

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Ideas on how to get more members.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:09 am 
Site Admin

Ok, First serious thread

How do we reach out to those players who arent aware of GA or what we do?

We'll my first suggestion would be a4 posters in the universities and around the city with links to the forum and facebook page.

The second thought I had was of this big tourney we are sort of desiring at the moment. Why not have another side game that isnt a fighter. Something thats popular with the masses that may be converted if the show up and see us playing fighting games. I would propose fifa or pro evo (whichever is currently better)

The third thought is of sfxt thats coming out and asking game and gamestation to hand out cards about GA with each game. Its a bit hard to know how they are gonna react to this but hey its worth thinking about.

Twitter - @zombiebriank
xbl - Zombie Brian

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:06 pm 

I could go around to game/gamestation and talk with them, when i come back to dundee, ask them if we could hang the posters . Also we could advertise it to people around game with some sort or i dont know. it would take more than one person for leaflets tho.

Post subject: Re: Ideas on how to get more members.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:46 pm 

Posters for sure. Who's our man for that?

I also noticed on Facebook we have quite a lot of members. I've been to a few WNF in the counting house and haven't ever met half them. Would twice weekly meetups help? One on a Wed and one at the weekend?

As much as I like the counting house I think a change of venue is needed too. Somewhere more private. We've discussed this before I know but always seem to come to a dead end. Can we get a list of possible venues and start ticking them off?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:00 pm 

I actually really like that last idea. Could always try to convince them that handing out info about GATK means more people might buy fighting games :P

As for posters, if we can get them done I don't mind putting them up around the college. I study at Gardyne and live a few minutes walk from Kingsway.

PSN/GFWL/XBL: tehmarcerer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:22 pm 

:^:

After 13th Jan I am free for anything. I'm no artist so someone need to design it, also printing in a good quality on paper bigger than A4 costs especially i we want to put them all over the place so it would be nice if people could chip in to that. Once we get that done I can print them in abertay copy shop and put them around abertay/Union/Game or so. Just after 13th.